What Does A Milk Frother Do? why do we use a milk frother? here are the complete guides on what is milk frother and how milk frother work.
What Does A Milk Frother Do?
Making the perfect cup of coffee, latte, or cappuccino is not an easy job at all. But if you will have the right equipment for making it you can easily do this at your home. The milk frother is one of them that helps you to make the perfect cup of coffee whenever you want. The main purpose of a milk frother is to froth milk and thereby prepare the perfect smooth foam layer of milk that is used in coffee, latte, or cappuccino. If you are a beverage lover and don’t want to spend your hard-earned money in a cafe or wait long in the queues then you must have a milk frother.
How Does A Milk Frother Work
Both online and in the market you will get several options for a milk frother. Usually, there you will see three types of milk frothers that include electric frothers, manual frothers, and handheld milk frothers. All of the milk frothers mix the air with milk to increase the volume of the milk.
Thereby it produces the perfect smooth foamy layer of milk that we take to decorate our latte, cappuccino, or coffee. Though the entire process depends on the various types of milk frothers. In this article, we will discuss how milk frothers work according to different types of frothers.
How Does A Manual Milk Frother Work
The manual milk frother is more affordable than other milk frothers. It is handy and portable enough to carry easily wherever you want. These dairy frothers are used as a coffee press. It comes with a lid and a carafe. A plunger handle passes inside a hole which you will see on the lid of the frother and also a mesh screen on the bottom. While pumping, it takes around 30 seconds to produce foam in the milk with the help of that mesh screen. This type of milk frother is powered by human-hand. The manual milk frother works through some important steps such as,
How to Use A Manual Milk frother
- First of all, you have to take a certain quantity of chilled milk and pour it into the carafe. You have to take ⅓ the amount of milk. If you take excessive milk in the pitcher it will spill through the pitcher while frothing.
- To get the best result, the milk needs 150 to 155 degrees Fahrenheit of temperature to get frothed conveniently. You can use an espresso thermometer to check the exact reading of the temperature.
- Next, attach the top lid of the carafe with a plunger.
- You have to pump up and down constantly with the help of a plunger handle for 25 to 30 seconds. Here, you need to realize where it needs more pressure and where less.
- In case you are using a glass carafe, you can see the exact amount of froth without removing its cover.
- After frothing, there you will see some big bubbles in the milk. You have to shake the carafe properly and tap the carafe’s base to settle that foamy layer entirely.
- Now, you will see a smooth foamy layer in the milk. You have to remove the wand of frothing and here the procedure ends. You can scoop the frother milk now to decorate your latte or cappuccino.
This is how a manual milk frother works. To master this frothing process, you will need intense practice and skills.
How Does A Handheld Milk Frother Work
Generally, a handheld milk frother is a common type of frother that you will get at an affordable price in comparison with electric milk frothers. It looks and also works as a hand blender. With the help of your hands, you have to control this device. A maximum of these frothers run on batteries. It comes with a whisk and also a wand part which is designed like a propeller. These frothers are very convenient to use.
How to Use A Handheld Milk Frother
- First, you have to take a cup of hot milk. The temperature you need to froth the milk will be around 150 degrees to 155 degrees Fahrenheit. Frothing for a longer time, you have to choose whole milk on behalf of skimmed milk because whole milk delivers smooth and thick froth. And this foamy layer stays for a long time while skimmed milk fails to retain that.
- When the milk becomes hot enough you have to pour that milk at a portion of ¾, into another cup. You have to fill the cup either half or quarterly not completely, otherwise, during froth the foam will rise and may cause an overflow.
- After that put the handheld frother beneath the cup of milk and turn the switch on. Insert the frother at the proper level into the cup and ensure to process the rod with up and down movement into the milk. You also need to hold the rod above to exploit all outdoor air so that an ideal layer of foam can be created. This process will take around 25 to 30 seconds.
- After getting the ideal consistency, you can stop this procedure. Now It’s ready to prepare for the perfect cup of beverages.
This is how a handheld frother works. With it, you can make mild frothy milk decorations on your latte, coffee, cappuccino, and many more milky beverages.
How Does An Electric Milk Frother Work
The electric milk frother is considered the most popular and versatile frother among all the frothers. It comes with several styles and designs along with multiple features. These frothers don’t require any special skills to control or maintain. It is a completely automated machine that works on electricity. You just need to take some milk and compensate the jar with it and switch the quick button, it will make your perfect milk froth shortly. With this device, you can easily make a latte, coffee, or cappuccino, along with delicious beverages like milk soup, milkshake, or hot chocolate.
It also comes with some added features such as foam density control, temperature control, etc. Electric milk frothers have two several forms of units, self-contained units, and appendage units.
The self-contained units
It comes with a carafe that has to connect through espresso machines directly. You just need to pour the milk into the carafe then the electric frother makes an ideal frothed milk for you effortlessly. It has a dialer or knob which helps to modify the froth’s quantity and efficiency in the milk.
The appendage unit
On the other hand, the main difference between these two is that here, you have to pour the milk into a frothing jar instead of a carafe. Here, you will also get a rubber hose.
How to Use An Electric Milk Frother
- First, you will need some fresh chilled or pre-heated milk for frothing. If you will take pre-heated milk then you have to be sure that the milk is not too hot, otherwise, during the frothing, it may burn.
- You have to pour the fresh milk into the frothing carafe or jar. Don’t fill it entirely otherwise during the process the milk can spill out from the frother edges. so that the milk has to be filled just around the ¾th portion of the jar or carafe.
- After that, without switching it on you have to take the milk frother into the frothing jar or carafe. Before turning it on you must let it heat up at the bottom.
- Then without dropping any milk move the frother continuously up and down in the milk.
- After all of these steps, when you will get perfect consistency you have to turn off the device. It is now completely done to make your desired beverages.
This is how an electric automatic frother works. With this, you can prepare such variant types of beverages whatever you want with ease and effortlessly.